Grief Share Group | Outreach
God's Word instructs us to rejoice with those who rejoice and to weep with those who weep.Romans 12:15 The GSG offers a safe place and space for fellow mourners to gather with others who accept them just as they are and love and support them as they grieve, mourn, and grow. The GSG meets every other Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. Please see the events calendar for the next scheduled gathering.
GSG | Outreach
Our garden is located at the rear of the church property. More information coming soon.
Pillow Case Dress and Shorts Sewing
Each third Saturday, members gather in the church annex and sew dresses and shorts to be distributed on foreign mission trips and here in the United States.
12:00 noon – 2:00 p.m.
Community Clothing Closet
Just come to the church annex (yellow house next to the church) and select what you need. Men, women, youth, children and toddler sizes.
– Wednesdays – 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Meals are served at the church annex (yellow house next to the church) to those in need.
– Mondays & Fridays – 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Food items are delivered to the church at approximately 8:30 a.m. Get here early because all items are usually dispersed by 9:00 a.m. – EachWednesday
We open upon referral from United Way. You must call First Call: 594-4636 for a referral.
Pantry days and hours:
– Tuesdays and Thursdays–11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
THRIVE (formerly DUCO) – thrivepeninsula.org
Menchville House – menchvillehouse.com
Shared Network Access Point | Outreach
Employment Assistance is “One-Stop” away!Services include: job search information and assistance; local, state and national job listings; schedule of local job/career fairs; work space with computers; internet access, phone, fax and more. Phone-877-5552 – Tuesdays – 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
ABCD | Outreach
ABCD | Asset-Based Community Development builds on the assets that are already found in the community and mobilizes individuals, associations, and institutions to come together to build on their assets.
Community-driven development rather than development driven by external agencies.
- Identifying individual gifts, skills, and capacities. There are many ways of trying to elicitindividual gifts, skills and capacities. The important thing is to ensure that this is not just a data gathering exercise, but a way in which people feel that their abilities and contributions are appreciated.
- Strengthens people’s confidence in their own capacities and inspires them to take action
- Participatory approaches to development, which are based on principles of empowerment andownership of the development process
- Efforts to strengthen our economical, social, and spiritual society. Focused on how to engagepeople as citizens (rather than clients) in development, and how to make local governance more effective and responsive.
ABCD is a process of self-mobilization and organizing for change. Those that serve in this ministry are committed individuals looking to proactively improve their community in building relationship and to build connections. Freely sharing of talents and gifts in discovering each other’s strength and resources, and to think about how to build on what is already in the community.